WELD is growing and it’s because of loyal customers like you. To make room for all the new products and new wheels WELD and HiPer will be producing in 2016, an additional 80,000 sq ft of space has been added to the WELD headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri, just down the block from the 2015 World Series Championship winning Kansas City Royals!
On March 1st, we will start the first big move, as HiPer makes its way into the facility from its current location in Lawrence, KS. It will take about 30 days to get the HiPer facility packed and moved and set back up in Kansas City. We have spent the last two months building inventory so that our HiPer customers shouldn’t see a disruption in service and preparing the Kansas City facility for the new equipment. There are many benefits to HiPer’s move, which include:
- • Additional capabilities and resources in Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing, and Distribution
- • Access to WELD’s forging capabilities
- • Enhanced product quality and design
- • Reduced times to introduce new products
- • Improved manufacturing and inventory forecasting systems
- • Access to the entire WELD product line
- • Added freight savings on combined WELD / HiPer wheel orders
Over the next several weeks, we’ll share on social media channels the progress. We are excited about all the new things happening at WELD and we look forward to sharing them with you.
More pictures of the newly finished space: